Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend






















Labor Day Weekend went by way too fast but I got a lot done. Mom, this post is for you. Sorry I didn't make it home but look at what was going on. Since Leslie just moved out her room was empty and we no longer had a table or chairs. Tanisha and Cole came over and got things going with a trip to Home Depot and then back to my house for some chair refinishing. My sister had given me some chairs a while back but they got rained on after some issues with the back porch and a big storm...long story. Anyway, the chairs got sanded, painted and finished. While doing this, Tanisha found out why you don't spray paint anything with bare feet. (She did eventually get them clean :) Tanisha also found us a great kitchen table on the side of the road for FREE. It was painted a kind of pinkish red color, so it got painted as well. Melody and Paige and Nathan broke the new table in with some pony painting and twinkies, what could be better? Next, Leslie's old room is being turned into an office. It is not finished yet but coming along. The last project was to change my FHE board (becuase honestly there are only 2 of us to choose from for all assignments) into something else. I used old pictures and put it by the Family Proclamtion. I think it turned out pretty good considering I am craft challenged.

Melody and I also got to do a few things. We had a Mommy-Meller sleepover, rode bikes and cleaned the house together. Melody did all the jobs on her new chore chart and loved it! My friend Shelley came up with the chore charts and did alot of work to help a bunch of us make them. I love how it turned out.(you are the best Shelley!) Monday, was yard day and then that night we had a cook out with some friends and it was a good end to the weekend.

3 comments:

Donelle said...

I'm so glad that you got so much accomplished in just one weekend! I love everything you have done. I will always remember to pain with shoes on :)

Gardner Family said...

Gross pic of my feet! I haven't got to see the finished project of the table/chairs. They turned out so well! Next is the cabinets?!? Maybe we should wait for Oct break or till you can stock pile somemore $ to use for the redecoration.

I love idea of the mommy and Meller sleepover. Cute pic of her hair in curlers. No pics of you!

Dennison Family said...

Wow, that table and chairs looks great! how nice to finally have an office, not in your living room! Those are some pretty nasty foot pictures, but very good advice!! your house really does look different!