Sunday, September 7, 2008

Pine, AZ









































After working hard last weekend, Melody and I went to Pine this weekend with Maya and Nate and their family. We stayed in Aunt Brenda and Uncle Art's cabin (thanks!!). Melody Said we had "the best weekend ever". I agree that is was a lot of fun and very relaxing. We drove up Friday after work and stopped off at the Maya and Nate's ward campout and then went to the cabin. We got to have Taya ride with us and Melody loved having a friend drive in our car.

Saturday, Melody loved riding on the golf cart into town to the Honey Shack for honey sticks. We also saw a few deer while we were driving around. Later that day, we went bowling. Melody had never been before and she liked it a lot and even got a spare. She can't wait to bowl again. All the kids did a great job and Maya and Nate got into a pretty fierce competition. Maya was pretty smooth and won the first game but Nate came back in game two for the win. Next, we went to a creek and let the kids play. It was freezing but Jade swam across and earned herself 5 dollars :)

Sat night the kids had dinner, popcorn and a movie while Maya, Nate and I went to dinner at Mama Joe's. The food was good and it was nice to hang out with them. I always get great conversation and learn alot ;) when I'm with them. After getting the kiddos to bed, Maya and I made hair clips. I thought they turned out great! (Maya you are the best).

Sunday was Nate's birthday. So, we surprised him with a great gift and the kids all made him cards. We had some yummy cupcakes and even though we couldn't find the candles, I'm sure his wish still came true. Nate, thanks for your great example and all you do for us. We love you and hope your Bday is great.

Unfortuantely, we had to come home. We had a blast! Thanks to the Brooks Fam for the invite and to the Sanders for sharing your cabin.

I did have to add a few pictures just for laughs; we were riding through town and I noticed a sign asking for a pulse oximeter to be returned. My work continually calls and leaves voicemails to all of the nurses asking for stuff to be returned, I think I'm going to suggest this at the next staff meeting :) Also, I had to take a picture of the big hill that I tried to drive up. I was taking it nice and easy and...didn't make it. Luckily, Nate got us to the top. Thanks Nate.

10 comments:

Shawna said...

How is it that both you and Maya have not changed one bit? You both look exactly like I remember you from being YW together in good ol' 1st ward! Beautiful as always!
Looks like such a fun weekend! Melody is so cute!
We were in Strawberry for father's Day weekend. We ate the same Italian place and bought honey from the same stand!

Gardner Family said...

I was trying to call you and had no idea where you guys were. My Grandparents have a house in pine which has now passed on to my aunt. Half of my family is from there and I have very fond memories of it. Glad you guys got to go and had such a fun time. I also want to learn how to make hair bows.

stacy said...

when i look at your blog i always think, man, i wish she had more pictures and MAN did you have more pictures! :) this totally satisfied my need for more.

it looks like you girls had the best time. :)

Donelle said...

I'm so glad you had a little get-away trip. Looks like you had a great time! I can't believe that Melody has never been bowling. You didn't seem to mention your score...why is that?

Alene said...

I don't like to make anyone feel bad :)!! Including myself. I did get a 2 strikes and a spare and broke 100 in the second game.

brooks family said...

Whatever alene that hill doesn't even look steep at all....ha,ha!Thanks for coming up with us...it was a fun and relaxing trip...are you ready to go again?

Alene said...

You know it was a lot steeper than it looked! I am totally ready to go again.

Brenda Sanders (Hayley's Mom) said...

You don't know how happy I am that you got to go to the cabin. Please go anytime and take some friends. (not that you didn't go with friends!!!sorry Nate and Maya)
Love Ya
Brenda

Dennison Family said...

Looks like a GREAT weekend! Glad you guys finally got away and had a fun time!!

Tessa said...

Wow! I am very happy I found your blog! Mom and Dad and I wonder how you are doing often and now we can get a better idea! Melody may definately be the cutest thing in the universe! I hope you both are doing great!

Happy Trails...