Saturday, March 29, 2008
We had Tanisha's Birthday party today and it was great! Inspired by Jane Austen, we had an English Tea (minus the tea). Chrissy's backyard looked great and the food was amazing. Everyone came dressed up or with hats. Tanisha found a couple great dresses online and Susan rented an awesome dress with the perfect hat. Tanisha made my hat and let me borrow one of her dresses and, luckily, had a shawl for me to cover up with. I still don't know why they were worried about their ankles and not other body parts back in the day. Anyway, these are just some of the pictures. I love your thoughtful pose Tanisha. Happy Birthday!!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
This is a little late but I had to put these on. Melody loved Valentine's Day this year. She said it was the best holiday ever...after her birthday and Christmas. She liked her pink Hello Kitty shirt, from mom, for obvious reasons and she Really liked her surprise present from the Gardners! So, thanks Tanisha and boys. We love Melody's new outfit.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
1. I am a nerd but I delivered the worst speech EVER as valedictorian. (The speech was good the delivery... let's just say it was unforgetable) other nerd facts, I was in Academic Decathalon and won awards in Fine Arts and Economics all 3 years and I won a speech contest centered on the United Nations and got to go to New York for 3 weeks.
2. I don't like iceberg lettuce and actually did not eat ANY lettuce by choice until I was around 20 years old (It smells weird and feels strange). I do eat dark green lettuce now but I have a hard time with the iceberg variety, especially if it is shredded up...It feels hairy. Even more curious is I can smell a burrito at Taco Bell and I know if there is a wayward, hairy piece of lettuce inside.
3. I like to do hair for proms and have even done a few for weddings (My sisters). I am a little out of practice though.
4. I am becoming proficient at the blind date thanks to friends and family...bless your hearts.
5. I have had a bruise on my left leg for 2 years now. I got it falling off the top of my 6 ft ladder while trimmimg one of my trees (No, I was not standing on the rung that says..DO NOT STAND HERE. I was right below it and I did throw the pruning shears out of the way so I did not get stabbed) It was actually really embarassing some neighbors saw me fall on that lovely Sat morning.
6. I hate the movie Robin Hood Men In Tights. This partly stems from the fact that I got grounded for a whole month after seeing it at the theater when I was 15. The school dance was cancelled and that's where my older friends ended up. (Donelle and Leslie to name a couple) But it was all because of Chris Thompson telling my parents that the hammer came down. I think he really enjoyed my punishment.