Saturday, March 8, 2008

My 6 Random Facts

Tanisha tagged me and so here are my random facts. (Tanisha also said I was a nerd so #1 is for her)



1. I am a nerd but I delivered the worst speech EVER as valedictorian. (The speech was good the delivery... let's just say it was unforgetable) other nerd facts, I was in Academic Decathalon and won awards in Fine Arts and Economics all 3 years and I won a speech contest centered on the United Nations and got to go to New York for 3 weeks.



2. I don't like iceberg lettuce and actually did not eat ANY lettuce by choice until I was around 20 years old (It smells weird and feels strange). I do eat dark green lettuce now but I have a hard time with the iceberg variety, especially if it is shredded up...It feels hairy. Even more curious is I can smell a burrito at Taco Bell and I know if there is a wayward, hairy piece of lettuce inside.



3. I like to do hair for proms and have even done a few for weddings (My sisters). I am a little out of practice though.



4. I am becoming proficient at the blind date thanks to friends and family...bless your hearts.



5. I have had a bruise on my left leg for 2 years now. I got it falling off the top of my 6 ft ladder while trimmimg one of my trees (No, I was not standing on the rung that says..DO NOT STAND HERE. I was right below it and I did throw the pruning shears out of the way so I did not get stabbed) It was actually really embarassing some neighbors saw me fall on that lovely Sat morning.



6. I hate the movie Robin Hood Men In Tights. This partly stems from the fact that I got grounded for a whole month after seeing it at the theater when I was 15. The school dance was cancelled and that's where my older friends ended up. (Donelle and Leslie to name a couple) But it was all because of Chris Thompson telling my parents that the hammer came down. I think he really enjoyed my punishment.

3 comments:

Gardner Family said...

Now in my defense of the "nerd" comment it was a compliment. You were much better suited to date that brainy guy Leslie had failed to get on with. You could match wits with him, that's all. You are very smart and I may just be a tad envious of all those brains.

Dennison Family said...

Wow, those are some really fun random facts! I didn't know them! Very fun! I remember the ladder incident!

Donelle said...

I will never forget Robin Hood Men in Tights. I feel responsible for that night and leading you astray...all the way to a PG13 movie!!! Sorry that you got grounded!