Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Family Time

















This year for Grandma and Grandpa Shreve's Christmas party, Alisha and Robert and Fam, and Andrew, Denise ( my soon to be sister in law :) and Brandon and Denise's sister all came down to the big city. We went out to eat and then went to G&G's house. The kids had fun playing the candy bar game and the gift exchange was a big hit...although I talked Melody out of trading for a huge remote control boat and she was a little upset. In my defense, where would we ever use it? The bath tube is, sadly, not big enough and we do not have a pool. Anyway, Melody ended up with a movie, Jared got a remote control dirt bike, Lauren got a barbie and Brandon came away with a pop gun.

After that, we headed to Zoolights. The kids loved the talking giraffe and the "dancing lights". It was a new experience and the best part (funny now) was that Melody got hungry and I told her she could wait until we got home to eat AGAIN, she then proceeded to cry and say (Loudly) "Please, mommy, just give me anything to eat..I am soooooo starving." and then "I'm going to die because I never get to eat."...You get the idea, and all this while standing in line for the shuttle. I'm sure someone behind me in line was calling CPS. I decided to ignore her and, would you believe it, she fell asleep before we could get home and feed her, the poor, starving girl!

It was fun to hang out with our family and it was a great day because Andrew and Denise got engaged. I'm so excited for you both. Denise, I love you and am glad I get you for a sister :) Andrew, you know I love you. Congratulations!!

No comments: