Saturday, June 30, 2012

Scout Bat Cave hike 2006





In 2006, I got called to be the Wolf leader...I thought it was a joke at first because I had NO idea about anything with scouts or boys. I grew up with 5 sisters and my brother wasn't in scouts till I moved out of the house and I have a daughter...but it wasn't a joke and I gave it a go. I ended up loving it! Kristine Zimmerman was an amazing mentor; she was the Bear leader and we did our activities together.  She made the whole experience fun and had the BEST ideas. I didn't think boys liked crafts ( i don't know why...again, no idea about boys) but I found out they did and were so creative. They were also willing to try new things.

This was our hike to the bat caves and it was pretty cool. The boys thought it was awesome to hike and then to be in a cave with real bats. These scouts are almost grown up now but this was another great learning time and experience and I had to post the few pictures I have. This ended up being one of my favorite callings ever.

No comments: