Saturday, June 30, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me...in 2007

















For my 29th birthday present, my friends gave me paint and a work day. I had been wanting to paint things since I had moved in to this house but, until this day, it hadn't happened. All the friends came over and tore down wallpaper and then painted the living room and kitchen. It took all day and I love all of you for coming and working so hard. This is one of my favorite memories; we got to hang out for the day, laugh and work together and I had a beautiful new facelift for my home. I have learned a lot about work, service and friendship from my amazing friends. I know we got to come to the Summerfield Ward neighborhood so we could be blessed with such amazing friends. I will never forget all the kind things Melody and I received from you all...from this to help with Melody, coming home and finding a surprise one fall- that you all had planted my winter grass for me and shoveled the stinky manure and pulled out the bougainvillea plant that was driving me crazy, or all the invites to parties and get-togethers. We truly loved living here and it wasn't the house, it was the people that lived in the houses by ours...you made us welcome and part of your families and we will love you guys forever. <3

No comments: