Thursday, April 17, 2008

30





Usually I am one that cannot wait for April 15th but this year I was hoping it would be a long time coming. However, I think it just sped things up because, like it or not, 30 is here! I think this is just one of those birthdays that make you take a real deep look at life and where you're at and I felt like I am lacking in a number of ways which led to a few tears...Anyway, I did get out of bed and went to work and the day ended up being great! (I mean if it's got to happen I might as well enjoy it, right?) I woke up to a few pictures colored by Melody. She had written on one of them that her wish was for me to always be her mom (SWEET!) After work I came home to my heart attacked house. Chrissy, Melody, Paige and Nathan wrote me notes and decorated (Thanks Chrissy! Melody was so excited and I loved it) Then Leslie and Mel had me open up a Chris Brown CD and A Captain Jack Sparrow poster. Tanisha came over with 2 dozen BEAUTIFUL pink roses from the boys (what sweethearts!) and a cool book on influential women in revolutionary times. She also delivered a present from my favorite Texan. Donelle, I loved my present. She did 30 things I love about you in a shadow box with some great pictures of us from back in the day. Jen stopped by too and gave me some pampering delights! I loved the phone calls from all of you and my family and appreciate all the effort to make 30 great!

3 comments:

Donelle said...

I'm glad you had a great bday. you just have to remember all the great things that you have accomplished in these past 30 years. I know there are MANY! Glad you liked my present. I know you don't really like the ski trip picture but it will always make me smile and reminds me of some GOOD times :) Happy BDAY! Love you!

Dennison Family said...

wOOHOO!! Happy Birthday! Glad the day ended up being great!

Always Smiling said...

We had so much fun decorating, I rushed them at the end because it was hot and I had to go to the bathroom, but for a Mom to young kids and a toodler it turned out pretty good! We love you and wanted to let you know that, and wanted you to have a wonderful birhtday!