Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fort Worth


















Sunday, we all went to Fort Worth to check out the sights.(After Donelle, Shelley and I all went to church with Donelle...you know I had to get a look at this "special" ward) Our first stop was the stockyards. I loved the brick roads and seeing the longhorns. Melody and all the kids were excited to pet a horse too! Next, we went to ride a little train through the city. It was beautiful and I could not get enough of the scenery and the trees! SO PRETTY! There was a river by the train station that we threw sticks in while we waited and I thought that was gorgeous too! I was THAT tourist, taking pictures of everything :) Then we got to go to the Water Gardens and I really liked it because this place is referenced in a book that I had read "Same Kind of Different As Me" (Lent to me by Donelle & Randy and an excellent book!). I always love to see the places talked about in books I read. Randy was a wealth of knowledge about the city, Thanks Randy. That night after we got the kiddos to bed, Donelle, Shelley and I got to stay up late talking...which pretty much became the nghtly ritual...and it felt like Donelle had never moved away and we were all just hangin out as usual! It was a fun day with a lot more to come :)

2 comments:

Donelle said...

I never get tired of seeing the longhorns. They SO cool. And I never get tired of staying up late talking with friends. Can't get much better than that!

dezertgirlaz said...

Ya for longhorns! The Water Garden is cool isn't it?! I went there at night so it is really cool to see what it looks like during the day! I'm glad you had a good time and yay for Randy and his extensive knowledge! He rocks!