Monday, August 16, 2010

Tanisha's Birthday Party






For Tanisha's birthday party we had a Parisian themed night with a Julia Child spin. We had our own Julia Child (aka Jenn) come and teach us how to make a fruit tart with a flaky pastry crust, hollandaise sauce and different kinds of quiche. We had 2 different kinds of appetizers that were new to just about everyone at the party and then had 3 different kinds of quiche with asparagus and hollandaise sauce. For desert we had the yummy fruit tart and to drink sparkling french soda. I was a loser and forgot my camera so I had to steal a few pics to have something to post. It was decorated really cute, like a french cafe. Tanisha got the Julia Childs cookbook for her present and then we watched Julie and Julia. The BEST part was Leslie dressing up like a mime. Tanisha was hoping a mime would show up and Leslie was a great sport and acted the part well! Liz also got together a great game of pictionary, themed off of places in France. Shelley made really cute place cards for everyone (again, I am lame because I dont have a picture of them!) Donelle let us transform her house into a French cafe, Jennifer Pearce let me use her super cute Parisian decor and pictures that were perfect! Jenn and Leslie were amazing to shop for food and Jenn cooked EVERYTHING with Leslie and I as assistants. It was a huge group effort to pull it off but I think Tanisha enjoyed the party and everyone had some yummy food!

1 comment:

Donelle said...

You did a GREAT job on the party! Tanisha loved it...and so did everyone else.