Monday, July 26, 2010

Mel's broken arm....from last year!







Last year, about mid November, Melody fell at school and broke her arm. I picked her up from school as usual and she came walking to the car with an ice pack dangling over her arm (although I use the term ice pack loosely...it was hot). I asked her what happened and she said she fell in PE while playing mosquito tag and went to the nurse and got an ice pack. I looked at it and it looked normal so I figured, no big deal....until later. That night Melody couldn't take the toothpaste cap off and then the next morning she couldn't turn the door knob or open the car door. I took her in to see the doctor and ....you guessed it, it was broken about an inch above her left wrist. Mel wore a splint for a couple days and then she went to an ortho doc a few days later and picked out a purple, glittery cast. Mel wore it until a couple days before Christmas. She was ready to have it gone so I wouldn't wrap her arm up with Press N Seal anymore when she took a shower. I was glad to have it gone too.

1 comment:

Donelle said...

I love your purple cast...that is the color I would have picked too!