Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day of School....X 2!



Melody has 2 "first day of school" pictures this year. The first picture is from two weeks ago when she started ALA (American Leadership Academy...they wear uniforms)and the second picture, is the first day of school a week ago at Benjamin Franklin. The story? Well, I put Melody's name on a waiting list for Ben Franklin in Jan and up until the Thursday before school started, they didn't have a spot for her. ALA did but they started a week earlier, so Mel started there and on her second day of school, I got the call that she was in at Franklin. I think both schools are great and so I decided to let Melody make the decision. We had toured both places, and she decided Franklin was her top choice. So, she had a Friday off to meet her new teacher and then started school again. Luckily, she let me take her picture for a second time. I think Melody is going to have a great year and made a great choice on the school. It also works out better for my work schedule so I am pretty happy myself:) I get to work 8 to 3 in the office and then from home for 1-2 hours every afternoon, so I can be home with Melody after school regularly...a first for us!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

That's cool you got into Franklin. Spencer had was on a waiting list when he was in kindergarten. He had 8 days in the neighborhood school and then we got a call that a spot opened up in Franklin so he switched schools. I have been very happy with the switch. I hope you and Melody like it too.

allisonj_2004 said...

How exciting I wish we could pick schools. We don't start for another week. I ready!

brooks family said...

So excited Melody got into Ben Franklin...I think she'll do well! Her back pack should be in any day now!

dezertgirlaz said...

Words cannot even express how much I miss this little girl and getting to interact with her daily!!! She is so amazing and one smart cookie (thanks to her Mom!)and so much fun! I love working with the kids I do but would love to work with her and the other clique kids! They are the best and yes I am biased and I don't care!! So proud of her and excited to see what this year unfolds for her!

touch of glass said...

Yeah, so glad she chose Franklin! It was fun to run into you. Call me if you ever need someone to pick her up from school, would be happy to help. We need to get together sometime. I love a good girls night (any day)=)

Stacie