Sunday, August 30, 2009

Camping





























Friday night, Melody and I went camping with our friends (and ward). We followed the Gardners up to Christopher Creek and had some of the boys ride with us in our new car. Mel was excited to have company, and I was excited the little car made it up all the hills! We got dinner in Payson (and let Coleman transfer funds) and then headed to the campsite where the Dennisons and Linfords were waiting; the Mabbs showed up right after us. (the Howards came in later that night too) The whole group except the Quinn's (we missed you guys...Donelle, you are still planning the next camping trip, right?). Coleman and Tanisha let Melody and I borrow a tent, an air mattress and a sleeping bag, because honestly, I dont do this very often and only have 2 camp chairs and a sleeping bag for Melody. That night, we hung out around the camp fire and made smores and let the kids run around and play cops and robbers. It was fun to stay up late and hang out with everyone. Poor Liz and Tyler had kids throwing up until 3am, so sorry guys! But they hung out with us anyway-in between cleaning things up...you guys are awesome!

Saturday morning everyone was up EARLY and the kids (all of the kids in the whole ward I think) went down the hill and made a village. It was pretty cool...except for a few minor injuries, it was a big hit. The guys got a mean game of horse shoes going and I think Chad and Jon ended up winning. It was a relaxing morning and then it was time to pack up and head home...home to clean it all up. Mel, me, the car all got a bath! None of us had ever been that dirty...lol. Thanks for talking me into the trip guys, it was a blast and Melody had a great time too!

3 comments:

Donelle said...

I am so glad that you all went camping and had a great time. We SO missed being there with everyone. Yes, I'm already planning a camping trip for next summer. Can't wait! Miss you all like CRAZY! (can you stop doing fun things w/o us?) Ok, I know life has to go on...but does it really? Can it just be put on hold for like...110 more days?

Gardner Family said...

Thanks for taking the majority of my kids in your car. I don't remember a quieter car ride! I'm glad you two came with us. The kids had a blast.

dezertgirlaz said...

Fun stuff and I love your new car it's freakin cute! Great pics especially the one of Mellers eating the smore's! That's my girl!