Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sapce Project





So, I thought I wasn't going to be dealing with any type of "science project" for another couple years (not my best subject) and I was totally okay with that. But, it seems that 1st grade expects a little more out of the kids (and parents) these days.

Our Task: To do a project on a planet with a report and a visual aid of some sort.

What Melody wanted: a HUGE model of the solar system, with all the moons and dwarf planets included. Now, I do like to do a good job but that seemed like total over kill to me. I tried to talk her into a nice poster...

Compromise: A small scale solar system with just the planets...and I would let her paint everything herself :) I thought this was great and so did Melody. We went to JoAnns and got some suppies and I let her go to town. I was impressed that she saw the whole project through and didnt pawn it off on me!

End result: A small replica of the solar system, created by Melody and with a Bow tied onto it by...ME (you guessed it) I also had to find some info on Saturn and type up the report (with her watching to make sure I did it right! good times) She was pretty proud of herself and said, "that was fun, can we make another one?" She got up in front of the class the next day to present it and said hers was one of the best..almost the best but Ben's was cool too! Great job Mel, thanks for working so hard!

1 comment:

dezertgirlaz said...

This girl takes right after her Mama in the smart department! I didn't even know Galileo had a last name but if you ask Mellers she can tell ya! You are an awesome Mom for helping out with such a fun project!