Monday, August 4, 2008

1st Grade!!!












Melody started school today and absolutely loved 1st grade. She was so excited this morning that she didn't need to be woken up and couldn't wait to get going. It was overcast and she was afraid of rain, so she picked out an alternate first day of school outfit and had to bring her umbrella. She didn't need it but she said she looked good and thought her hair was like Hannah Montanna :) Can you ask for anything better? I was a little worried during the day that she would be tired, hungry or scared. I shouldn't have bothered because it was "the best day ever and first graders are the best!" She loved her desk and her teacher and recess and lunch and the bus, even though it was late. She is lucky to get to ride the bus with her friend Kaeli, who does an awesome job of lookin out for Mel-Thanks Kaeli! Melody also made a few new friends by asking them , "do you want to be my friend?" and that sealed the deal. I am so happy that she loves it.

10 comments:

Shelley said...

She looks so grown up!!! I'm so glad she had a great time at school. That's so exciting. Great pictures! They look so cute.

Gardner Family said...

You know my feelings on the "Hannah Montana" shirt but she looked cute anyway! It's great she has so many friends in the neighborhood who look out for her.

Rachel said...

I spent the first day of school with Connor and ran into Melody at lunch and on the way to the bus....she is so adoreable!

VK Jackson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dennison Family said...

Mel looks so cute and grown up! I'm glad she had so much fun on the bus! I love the hannah Hair!! Too cute!

Donelle said...

Wow, She does look so grown up. So glad she is loving the first grade and that she has Kaeli to ride the bus with.

Brenda Sanders (Hayley's Mom) said...

It's first grade today, college tomorrow!!!!!!

Shawna said...

She's such a pretty little girl!
I'm setting my blog to private so email me with your email address so I can send you an invite. shamoms@cox.net

Sandi Huang said...

Hey Alene! I can't believe she's so grown up! She is adorable. Love your blog- Finally good music on somebody's blog! See ya! Sandi Huang

sabrina said...

Alene! I can't believe how big Melody is! She's just as beautiful as her mother!
Love ya, Sabrina
Send me an email and I'll send you an invite to our blog if you want.