Saturday, July 21, 2012

Trip to Flagstaff



In April 2011, Melody and I drove up to Flagstaff to see the Parkers. It had been WAY too long since I had gone up to visit Lizz and her family and this time I got to take Melody. I only got a few pictures but the kids had a blast playing at an indoor water park (it was cold outside!) and Melody and Russell have decided they are cousins :).  It was fun to see Lizz, Tyler and Russ and Rachel and their dog Tess (who has captured both mine and Melody's hearts...this dog plays duck, duck goose!). We also got to see their home...all repaired after it was hit by a freak tornado late the previous year...their house made the news, a boat had gone through the ceiling of Russell's bedroom, while he was in the room! So crazy! I am glad they were not hurt but to see the before and after pictures made you realize how easily they could have been and just across the street, the entire front of the house there, is gone. The house to the right, has the entire roof missing. I wish I would have taken pictures to just show what I saw but I think I was too dazed by it all to remember at the time. Thanks Lizz and Tyler for a fabulous weekend! Your cooking was delicious, your house beautiful, your kids wonderful, your dog fun, and staying up late and talking was just like old times!

No comments: