Monday, October 18, 2010

Girls Trip/ Liz's Birthday











In April, I got to go to Women's Conference in Utah with the girls :) On the drive up it started to snow and I was pretty excited about it. I had to go out the first morning we were there and play around. We got to go to some amazing classes and I don't know if I can even pick a favorite but the theme of simplify and putting what is most important first were things that were hard to miss and really good advice. I don't know why I didnt take any pictures at BYU??? But there were TONS of ladies and it was hard to get around. We did get to see the Howard's first house and eat at the pizza place across the street. I know Donelle has pictures of that; we wanted Debbie to have a reminder of the trip since she couldn't 't come :( After the conference was over, Andrea picked me up and took me home with her and I got to have dinner with her and Jared and Kylie. It was great to spend some time with them! The next morning, Andrea and I met back with the rest of the girls and did a live temple session in the Salt Lake temple, which was great! Then we just explored temple square and for lunch we celebrated Liz's birthday with afternoon tea that Shelley had planned (aka for us, hot chocolate :) When we arrived, the hostess put a flower bud in a glass of warm water and it bloomed....you are supposed to drink the herb tea it makes. Liz was a good sport and tried it first and after we added a few sugar cubes, the rest of us tried it. I thought it tasted like eating grass...not so good. But it was fun to be in such a beautiful place and hang out with good friends. I had such a wonderful time being with good friends and getting a spiritual uplift.

1 comment:

Donelle said...

Love, love girls trips! So glad that we got to go and have such an amazing time. Can't wait for next year!